Thursday, February 12, 2009

Latte Art

Last night I got bored waiting for my husband so, I went to the nearest coffee shop they have where he's working. By the time that I entered the shop and start looking for the menu a personnel helped me with picking what I will order. I asked for a frappe and he recommended the "best seller (he said)" they have. Then I ordered that best seller frappe without knowing how much. As I took a sit, I checked on the price it costs 25Ron (way more expensive that Starbucks). I have thought maybe they make very very very good coffee, for it to have that huge price. It was already served it looked very nice. But........ I was like wt****......

That's why I have thought of showing you some nice latte art. This doesn't mean that every coffee which looks great are disappointing, it's just that sometimes looks can be deceiving.







Latte Art is a style of pouring steamed milk into a shot of espresso that creates a pattern or design on the surface of the resulting latte. It can also be created or embellished by simply “drawing” in the top layer of foam. Latte art is particularly difficult to create consistently, due to the demanding conditions required of both the espresso shot and milk. This, in turn, is limited by the experience of the barista and quality of the espresso machine. The pour itself, then, becomes the last challenge for the latte artist.



The most common form of poured latte art is known as the "rosetta,” and resembles a type of flower.













No comments:

Post a Comment