Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Meebo

At work I have this computer that maybe older than me (LOL), being exaggerated. Anyway still, it has windows 2000 Operating System plus 130,612KB of ram and i just don't know how big the memory is. Also it is slow and there are problems on it, so it was said. Well at first when I first came to work maybe a month or couple I can still use my Yahoo Messenger talk to my friends especially when I'm bored or have nothing to do. But from time to time the pc automatically logs me off the messenger, I don't know I just know it has problems. So, my colleague beside me downloaded the v9 of YM, she was teasing me, showing me how the v9 looks and all that. She's one hell of a teaser that made me decide to get the v9 also. I didn't care about how long the download may take, patience is a virtue they say. Download was finished I was so happy and excited to tease her back. I have installed the YM v9, it's all good. Now, it's time to open the new YM, double cliked it waited for a few seconds and........... it showed me an error message something about createurlmonikerex cannot be found blahblahblah... Sucks!
I have tried using yahoo mail also but nothing....

Now i've been working there for 5 months and today is the only day that I was able to access YM using the computer that I have. It wasn't the desktop YM though I used Meebo (meebo.com). Thanks to my colleague who sits beside me and told me about it. Anyway for some who do not know meebo like me (maybe almost everyone knows about it), here's a little info about it.




Meebo is a program which supports multiple IM services. Meebo lets you access and chat with any or all of your instant messaging buddies. Compared to IM services like AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) and Yahoo Messenger, Meebo is just a kid, having launched in 2005. And Meebo lacks the breadth of features that those services and some others offer. But Meebo has something they don't-- the ability to cut across service boundaries, connecting Yahoo Messenger, AOL/AIM, Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk, Jabber and ICQ users so they can all talk together. That's by registering and signing on via the Meebo Web site. No download or software installation is necessary. Pretty cool huh!!!


Here's a little tour...

This is the sign-in page as you can see


Once you're logged in, it will bring you to this page. on the left it says you're logged in and in the right are you're friends.



Left image is your list of friends and on the right shows the window of the person you're chatting with.


And that's the story. Thanks to Sandy Jen, Seth Sternberg and Elaine Wherry founder of meebo.

No comments:

Post a Comment